Ermz

Friday, June 24, 2005

Will I ever find my soul mate?????

This is the kind of question that often crosses my mind. I'm 24 years old now and still single. Many of my friends hurry themselves to get into a serious relationship with someone and even some of them are already in a marriage right now. Sometimes I envy them so much and wonder why can't I be like them and find my love? Or am I destined to be single for the rest of my life? LOL. Nah, I don't think that extreem actually, but still it really bothers me, especially when my parents start to bug me with statements like: "why don't you find yourself a boyfriend?" or when your friends ask "what happened to that guy you were seeing" I think the best one is "let me introduce you to someone who I think will be perfect for you" Thanks but im not that desperate, I hope. I'm still young and I just want to enjoy my freedom.

I can't lie, I do want to have someone close and share everything with. I want to experience how it feels like to be special in one's eyes and feel loved. But I guess the biggest problem is in my own self. I'm just too afraid to really let myself fall in love. I'm so afraid but afraid of what? I don't know. Could it be rejection and actually being hurt, could it be the possible outcome? I don't know. When will I ever know?! I guess I'm such a person who's afraid to take a risk on love.

One of my friends also told me to be more confident about myself. I guess she's right. Not until I can fully accept my own self, can I allow someone to enter my heart. Strange but I guess its true.

I guess right now I will continue to meet new people and perhaps my 'soul mate' will come along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home