Ermz

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lets Strive to find a Cure for CANCER!!!

Hey everyone,


Recently, or should I say for a long time.... I was thinking of what I could do to support Cancer Research especially since it hits close to home (it's on my "favourites" list of links). Then out of the blue my friend sends me an email (the e-mail is below) with just that...an event that is coming up in the area that all could take part in and raise money that would support Cancer Reseach. This is a great opportunity and I encourage you all to join and/or help.


Here is my friends e-mail (in red):


Hey Everyone,

The annual McMaster University Terry Fox Run is approaching, and Redeemer is putting a team into the run, bike, walk, rollerblade event. If you would like to join Redeemer's team, we'd love to have you. All you need to do is go to this site:

https://www.terryfoxrun.org/english/Corporate/default.asp?s=1
Click the blue bubble that says Search for an Existing Team to Join, click "find a corporate/group team", type the team name "Redeemer", Redeemer University College will appear below, click on that, and you will see a page that on the top reads "click here to participate on this team".

It sounds like a lot to do, but it is really quite simple. Collect pledges, record them online, and then come to run, bike, walk, or rollerblade on Sept. 17.

I'd love to see you all there! If you can't participate, but would like to donate to this event, please donate to the team (there are links on the same ending page as indicated above that will help you do that). If you'd like any more info, please feel free to email me back or check out the info online.

Hope you are all having a great summer, and if you can participate, we'd love to have you.
It'd be great to represent Redeemer in this event.

Thanks for considering it,
--Natalie *******




I thought I would post it here so that EVERYONE could consider it and perhaps support the team. Donations are great if you are unable to join them (hopefully I will be able to join) in the walk/run/bike.

Do it for that family member, that friend, that someone who doesn't cry for help but needs it.

Lets all STRIVE TO FIND A CURE! Help put a smile on someone's face.

Thanks everyone,



p.s. unable to help at this event or are not from the surrounding area just check out cancer.ca for other opportunities.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home