Ermz

Friday, November 10, 2006

A new chapter,

WOW! What a fantastic week.

Lately I have been at my teaching placement completing my practicum.

I had a variety of emotions stirring on the first day they soon settled; I was quickly welcomed by the staff, more like a welcome back, and by the students. However, with the week rolling by so did a variety of different experiences. Experiences during non-instructional hours range from setting up a monument and assembly for Remembrance Day to supervising detention to dealing with sever bullying to understanding the difference between ‘homework’ and ‘school work’ all in a very short time, you could say in 5 days.

I am in an intermediate setting. I have a grade 7 homeroom class with rotary taking place in the afternoon (great experience). This provides me with ample opportunity to get to know a wide variety of students (and different teaching styles that occur as a result).

This week was my first week and it was wonderful. I was expected to teach 25% this week -- I think I achieved this goal...but I may need to do some calculations.

I love every student and they are all truly an inspiration. I am able to see things in a new perspective everyday. They all enlighten me whether its with music a new sport statistic to explaining the true meaning of "trust" (todays Religion lesson). Often, I find myself doubting that the students will truly understand or grasp the deep meaning of something and often I am tickled by thier wisdom.

A lesson learned -- never underestimate!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home