Ermz

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Photo Therapy.........

Every picture that a person takes is indirectly a self-potrait, an indication of the person's life and the people around him. Pictures are memories trapped in time, a mirror to reflect back to the good times and to remember those people who are important enough in our life to be frozen in time for our rememberance. I used to think that life is a long journey... sometimes too long and too "distracting" for me to appreciate the real meanings of it at that particular moment. Thus, it's good to have something to look back and realize that my life is actually "real".

Guess what, I never really take the pictures that I have seriously before. However, after watching the movie "One Hour Photo" starring Robin Williams two years back, taking pictures becomes a new meaning in my life. Like his character, Sy Parrish said in the movie, "And if these pictures have anything important to say to future generations, it's this: I was there. I existed. I was young, I was happy, and someone cared enough about me in this world to take my picture." That line just blew me away... :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home